Thursday 26 April 2018

Unit 8 - Project Proposal and referecnes




Name : Lucy Burgess
Pathway : Art & Design/Fashion Level 3 Extended Diploma
Your project title : Comic Title - Defect

Section 1 : Rationale (What is your Project question)
I have always been interested in comics and character design, I really enjoy the character design process, making stories and story boarding them. Making a comic has always been my dream, I enjoy drawing all of the expressions and poses, I love choosing angles for each frame to show different perspective to inforce what happens in each frame. Creating characters and stories has always interested me, I really wanted a job in story telling so I could bring to life characters that I have created. I have made small comics in the past but I never finished them because I wasn’t invested in the story and I rushed into them without thinking. Overall I’m doing this project because of my love for comics and storytelling, and with this I hope to improve my perspective and gesture drawings linked to expressive poses.  


Section 2 : Project concept (What is your idea and project question)
My Idea for the final major project is to make a comic book chapter. I want to write the first chapter of my story that I have been making for 4 years, I have never started the project because I didn’t have a solid way to open the story, I have always thought of the end, middle and other little scenes. I want to open up the first chapter with a comedy moment to make the reader laugh, however it’s not fully decided and I might change when the comedy moment will be as the first few pages have to draw the reader in to the story... maybe with a bit of mystery. My idea for the story is a Fantasy adventure, staring 4-6 main characters, the story will be fill of mystery and fun (I like stories with main character that have really in depth backstories to make you confused to which one of them is the true protagonist). As well as protagonists, there will also be antagonists which are very important to storytelling, with the same evil goals, take over the world. My project Question is…

What is the format- I will first draw the sketches in a traditional way, using a red colour pencil and ink pens. Next I will use photoshop to colour the comic pages I make.

Section 3 : Evaluation (How will you evaluate your project and by what methods will you use)
To evaluate my work, I will use my blog to post all of the notes, ideas and drawings, I will keep a diary to write down my progress for that day, and I will have a sketchbook fill of annotations describing each of my drawings and what they are. I will post all drawings from my sketchbooks on to my blog, with annotations describing what the images are about, why I have drawn these and how do they help me with my project. I will have multiple sketch books fill of drawings, ideas, mind maps and comic page drafts (Story boards). I will keep a diary, writing in it at the end of every day where I will write down what I did that day (what was good, what was bad).

Proposed Research sources and bibliography :For research, I will be looking at famous comics, some comics that have inspired me and other forms of media name have inspired my story.

Project References.

Comic reference.
Flynn Ian, Hesse Tyson, Herms Matt, Morelli Jack, Lovallo Vincent, Gorlick Victor, Pellerito Mike.
Sonic: Mega Drive. Issue 1. Archie comics. August 2016.

Animation reference.
Hesse Tyson, Lopes Tee. Sonic Mania Pre order trailer. Sega, Pagodawest Games. 30th May 2017
 Sonic Mania Pre order trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment