Monday 18 March 2019

FMP- concept art (Complete)

Concept Art: 

The 4 images below are scanned images from my sketch book

This page has sketches of the main characters as I need to remind myself how to draw them as the original project was created over a year ago. They are full coloured sketches on the left to help me remember the colour schemes for the characters. On the right are small page layouts for the first 4 pages.

The page below are mostly basic sketches for page layouts, first drew the layouts for six pages in pen, the below I drew the six pages in better detail and in pencil. These layouts help me figure out what goes where on the page when I draw it bigger on A4.

The Page below had sketch ideas of a comic cover, I knew I wanted to have the main character int eh shot and added a hook to the cover to draw people in, so I added one of the evil robots the sketch. To frame the cover better I added to vines and flowers around the bottom of the cover as the main character controls nature.


The page Below has more page layouts on it but this time they are early pages in the chapter. On the bottom right there are also small sketches of secondary characters that appear in the pages, I use these as character references for when I draw the page on A4.  



The 4 images below are simple character sketches don in photoshop, I used this images as references for the characters when in draw them in the comic.






This was the first piece of concept art made for a different idea that involved a street corner. The idea was going to use different characters and story, but when I found out we could work in pairs me and Maria decided to make a comic we thought of a year ago.



This is a little animated scene from future chapters of the comic, the character Ray was drawn and designed by Maria, and I animated the rain. It was a fun little test to see what we could to with the comic.



The comic strip below was a re draw of one made a year ago, it was drawn by me but written by Maria. The one thing we enjoy most about the comic is the character interactions, mainly between Maria's character Axelot and my character Quinn, they have such opposite personalities.



This is the first fully illustrated page of the comic that I made using the Clip Studio Paint program, which I find much easier to make pages compared to photoshop.



This is concept art for the character of Squibly (Created by me) the evil Science who is the creator of the Bo-Bot Robots and our the first thing Quinn fights.



This is concept art for the character of Lucifer (created by Maria) the Villain of the story and employer of Squibly.


This was a fun Illustration combining My characters from a different comic and the characters from Abnormals, as some of the characters were very similar. It was a fun little illustration to do.



This a pile of the characters in a chibi style that Maria wanted me to draw, and might end up in the contents page of the comic if we get it printed. I really like the lighting and shading used in the illustration and all the characters have very expressive faces and poses.





This below is a logo design for the comic that is featured on the cover page. It was made in Clip Studio Paint. The gradient affect used in the words is used to represent one of the character powers and appearance, as he can control Ice, fire when he is angry and when doing so his hair change from blue to orange just like the words on the logo. The vines behind the words repress the main characters powers as he controls nature.


This is a random picture of my character Violet that I made using a scanned drawing. I did it as part of an experiment as I did not use any line art, the style was very difficult to do so I don't think I will be doing it again.



This is the final cover design for the comic I like the characters on the cover be not the background, if I had time to redraw the background I would. The cover was draw in the program Clip Studio Paint.

These were some updated designs for the main characters of the comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment