Friday 15 March 2019

FMP- Research

Primary Research 

These Picture were taken on some of my holidays to Gibraltar, Meeru Island and Somerset. I choose these picture as they were mostly pictures of buildings and environments as most scenes in the comic are in city street so having reference pictures of buildings really helped me to design the city streets.

Pictures:
The picture above was taken in Gibraltar in 2007 and was taken from the view from our flat. This picture had a good view of all the different buildings in the distance. The lighting was not very good, however the cloud surrounding the hill was very cool and dramatic.


The picture above on the left was taken in Somerset 2015, it was taken while walking on a path on the cliff side. The picture above on the right was taken on meeru island 2012, the sunset helped me understand colour and was a good reference for shading.

All the pictures below are taken in Dunster village in 2016, the architecture in Dunster was very interesting and old fashioned which I really like the look of. Most of the village is built on a hill so it made of some interesting shots of the houses. On the final picture some horses walked through the village and I was able to get a picture of them, which could help when drawing a house walking.







Secondary Research

These images were taken from the internet for more research of buildings and streets, these helped me to get more angles and helped me understand perspective more.


I took this picture as a reference of shops on street corners and to see different colour building there can be. I also help with drawing to connecting streets in one shot.



The picture below is of a perspective sketch of a street. I used this image as reference of of that certain perspective.



This is image of a busy street, which I took as a reference for drawing more detailed and interesting streets.


This image is of a very illustrative sketch of a simple street possible colour with water colour of pencils. I liked this image because of the very pastel colours used in the image, and the overall style.



No comments:

Post a Comment