Monday 7 May 2018

Unit 8- Names and Characters.

Character Design
Lynn redesign concepts.

The second character I made ( that I really liked ) was Lynn, I was randomly drawing a character and I just added wings for some reason, I just liked the design and after a few months I found he was going to be the best friend to my main character ( Zoe). His personality is simple carefree and heroic, he likes to just go places and expects nothing. However when i first made him 3 years ago i drew him as a teenager, But the more I wrote his story the more I wanted to see a younger version of him.

I was never the best at drawing children so I tried looking up refrences of children but nothing inspired me until if found picture of sonic the hedgehog. The small cartoonist desgin was just what i was looking for so I tried to learn how to draw sonic a mold that design into a way that i could draw my characters.

The over design i have for Lynn is something I really like as the character still looks like a hero but also a kid. I gave him a simple red t shirt  and light brown shorts, and i really like his overall color scheme as blue red and yellow as those are the primary colors. He has wings that he uses to go super fast however cant fly (yet) as his wings are very small for his age, so he can hover, but I imagined he hated that he couldn't fly so he trained his wings to push him as he can just hover.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/sonic/images/7/7e/Sonic_Mega_Drive_artwork_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160401121852
Sonic inspiration


The Main Characters

There are 4  Main Protagonists, each of them I designed at different times. Zoe was the first human character that I had ever made which was about 4 years ago, my friend ( Mursal) was the one to call her Zoe and the name got stuck. The next was Lynn who I made 3 years ago. Amelia was next, she was made 2 years ago, i was doodling in science and my friend Poppy was sitting next to me, she was helping me with a new character, she was the one to call her Amelia and because of that I modeled her appearance after her, however the personalty of that of my friend Amy. The final of the 4 is Ryu, who was also made 2 years ago, he originally was going to have his own story where he was a superhero but I scraped that idea, however I didn't want to get rid of the character so I added him to story.



Amelia Carter- She is a cute lovable human, she is the cousin of the princess of Aria (who you meet later), her father is a baker and her mother is the captain of the royal guard and sister ti the Queen Amelia was curse by a which who wasn't happy with her fathers cooking so she took her anger out on Amelia. Despite this she is still is as happy as ever, her curse causes her to change into random animals which she finds cool, however some times it can be a pain. Amelia meet Lynn on another adventure and soon started cooling him her cousin, as that how she views everyone.
Age- 5
Birthday- May 25th
Zodiac- Gemini




Zoe Zike- She is an independent and tough girl, not much is know about her in the story, but she is actually a hybrid of the psyche species and shadow species. The psyches were a peaceful race that wanted immortally and they got it by consuming dark magic tat turned them into the shadows. Zoe didn't consume dark magic however, her mother was a psyche and her father was a shadow, she left when her mother was turned. Since she is half shadow she is also semi immortal,  so she is very old despite looking like a six year old. Zoe meet Lynn after helping him with a monster and the two became close friends, after she meet him she began to get older....
Age- 2000+
Birthday- April 18th
Zodiac- Aries



 

Lynn Weathery- A carefree hero, has no memory of his family or his name, he was called Lynn after he meet Zoe as she pointed out how blue his hair was like a lake and Lynn means lake. What Lynn doesn't know is he was taking form the earth dimension by the shadows who were trying to get more power and learn about human weakness. Lynn mange to escape, with no memory and a few months later meet Zoe.
His family in earth dimension is his mother, big sister Emily and little sister Kiki.
Age- 5
Birthday- August 1st
Zodiac- Leo





Ryu Pandragon- Is a aggressive thickheaded Dragon, he is the last Dragon Guardian and was given the job by is father went missing, Ryu doesn't trust humans as he always thinks there after something. He meet Lynn and Zoe when they found them selves on his island, being him he didn't give them a chance to explain and started fighting Lynn as Zoe tried to find a way to stop them. Ryu has lived on the dragon island all alone for six months, only blase the little fire fox was his only company.
Age- 6
Birthday- January 12th
Zodiac- Capricorn


Dr. Rabbo- Is a insane rabbit scientists, her first name is daisy and she is a genius in robotics engineering, daisy had come to the conclusion that living beings are inferrer and everyone should be changed into machines. Daisy was a happy rabbit until her mother was injured in an accident which made her lose one of her arms, so daisy was determined to make her mum a new arm. Her first plan was to make a machine that would covert living beings into robots, she was experimenting on animals when Lynn found out and fought to stop her.

Making daisy was a challenge, at first I wanted to make her a chubby bunny as I fought she bounce away and flee. However after a while I choose to make her taller in comparison to the other character, and I am much happier with her design as she looks like a insane skinny scientist.
When it came to colours I want to make her a yellow rabbit as I haven't made many character with much yellow in there designs so I fought it would be a good change and contrast. For the design and colour of her clothes I wanted to give her a late coat for that classic scientist look and a bright green jumper to so she is a nerdy character, which is contrasted with her bright purple glove that I fought were funny.

Full name- Dr Daisy Rabbo
Age- 26
Birthday- September 28th
Zodiac- Libra













Character Colour Codes.


Lynn colour code
For Lynn's colour code I used mostly primary colours that most super heroes use in there costume designs, I made his hair blue as the sky is also blue, and it is a very calming colour But also noticeable. His very bright colours are to make him very noticeable to the audience, and to other characters in the story, his hair in the story was not always blue, her was born with light brown haircut it was change when he was taken by the shadows.




Zoe colour code
For Zoe's Colour code I just used colours I liked, for example purple is my favourite colour and it contrasts very well with turquoise, since her colours scheme was quiet dark I added a bright turquoise to contrast all the dark. I made her had light purple as her mother hair is white and her fathers hair is purple, so I wanted her to be the perfect mix of her father and mother and by making her hair the blended for of white and dark purple I can do that.

Amelia colour code
For Amelia's colour code I knew I wanted her hair to be ginger so I had to think what goes well with orange, I Choose Dark purple as it has a very halloween vibe to I, later on I added light green as I needed something to go with both of the colours. I never really plan colours I usually just pick ones that look good or I think will look good on a certain character.
Ryu colour code
For Ryu's colour code I wanted to have a very earthy tone as those or my dads favourite colours, brown represent stability and a longing for a stable life, and next to green which means life and energy it can show this character to very down to earth in personality and opinion. I made his hair red as it is a very common dragon colour, so I wanted to use that same trend.

For Rabbo's colour code I wanted to use some cold colours like dark greys and blues to mimic robot colours. I used yellow as it means intellectual, showing off that see is a smart character, and the pink is used to show that she didn't used to be evil and she is a feminine character.
Character Sketches

Drawings of the Main characters.
Shocked Lynn
This drawing is of Lynn flying to fast and having to stop in a hurry I thought it was very cute and I used the sonic reference sheet for the pose.
Cute Amelia
This is a drawing of Amelia and a bird friend this shows that she is very caring towards animals, I used the Amy reference sheet for this pose.
Angry Ryu
This is a drawing of Ryu being very angry at something or someone, I used the Knuckles reference sheet for this pose.
Sleeping Zoe
This is a drawing of Zoe sleeping this a very cute drawing showing Zoe's human side, I used the tail redolence sheet for this pose.
This is grumpy Lynn drawing I did to show impatient he can get and how very stubborn he is.

This is a drawing of Lynn showing hoe caring he is even though he acts so childish.

This is a drawing of Lynn investigating which can so his love for a good mystery.

Lynn running to save and animal falling out of a tree again showing is caring nature.

Lynn throwing something showing that he like to play games and is not always Saving the world.

This is a drawing of Lynn dreaming of being able to fly.

This is a sad older Zoe.

This is a drawing of Lynn trying to be sneaky when entering Rabbos base.

A face that Lynn is doing to make Zoe laugh.

Lynn charging of into the distance.

Lynn trying to clam Ryu down as he prepares to attack.

This is Amelia being cute or seeing something cute and her reaction.

Backgrounds.

This a background concept for a forest there are lots of really tall trees in this forest which is shown by the tiny Lynn, the mushrooms are very cute most people that I have shown this two believe they are aliens, very sad aliens.
Lynn in comic book page
This is a finish page of my comic book, I am really happy with how it came out, I love the colours that is used for the backgrounds, I used very dark colours for the background colours as in the distance the sun it setting in the distance so there is less light on the trees and grass. I really like the second panel how the action is coming out side of the panel which can help emphasise how high Lynn was bounced in to the air.
 Older characters.
Lynn as a robot

No comments:

Post a Comment