Monday 10 June 2019

FMP- Abnormals Comic Process (Completed)

The Animated Comic Process


First I start by drawing simple sketches of the page layouts, these sketches are done in a sketch book and are all very small. They are just used and as small blueprint to see what layout the page will have, and I usually only to one or two for each page as I don't like to over think it.

Scanned page from sketchbook
A problem faced when creating the comic was I work better in the program Clip Studio Paint but the computers at college don't have the program so to make the comics line art look smoother I scanned the pages in to the program so when the colouring was done I could easily send it to Maria to Animated.

The next part is the draw one page on a A4 piece of paper. First I sketch the page, then I go over the rough sketch lines with ink to make the lines bolder and more noticeable. Once the inking is done I scan the page on to the computer.
Scanned finished page

Once the page is on the computer I put the scanned image in to photoshop. From there I turn the page layer into a multiple layer and add another layer under the page layer. Next I do the background colour on one layer, after the background I make another layer and colour the people. Next I make another layer above all the colour layers and make it into a multiple layer and I use a light purple for the shading, after I make another above the shading and make it into a overlay layer and I used a golden yellow for the lighting. Finally I add the text above the page layer, once all the words are added I make one more layer for the white of the speech bubble.
Finished coloured page
After the page is completely coloured I send the photoshop file to Maria Who will the Animate the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment