Thursday 22 February 2018

Unit 6-3D objects in Photoshop

The process of making a 3D object in Photoshop

I use a tutorial that was found online to help me create the 3D objects in photoshop: http://abduzeedo.com/node/62900


  1. The first step was to use the rectangle tool to create a grid, and to then use the Elliptical Marquee Tool to create a circle section, then use use Filter- Distort- Sphereize.
  2. The second step is to select the sphere and hold command C and then hold command V to paste the sphere on its on a separate layer,
  3.  The next step is to go into Layers- Layer styles- Gradient overlay to change the colour of the sphere.
  4. Then use the magic wand tool and select all of the white squares and delete them, then duplicate the layer and rotate it to make an even better 3d effect.
  5. Next use a granted overlay on the back ground and make the style radius. 
  6. Duplicate the layers and merge the duplicated layers, then use filter- blur Gaussian blur, and then resize it to create a shadow.
  7. Next use the inner shadow and colour dodge to create a light affect.
  8.  Then duplicate all the layers and merge them, and use filter- blur- gaussian, and change the blend mode to overlay.

My first attempt


My second attempt
Its some leaves

Here is link to the tutorial that I used: https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-a-3d-leaf-from-a-texture-photograph--psd-4071

I made this image using a texture of a leaf from https://lostandtaken.com, and I placed it into photoshop, using the warp tool to change the shape of the image into a more leaf like shape. I then duplicate the layer twice to more 2 more leafs, I then duplicate all the layer and then merge those layers to create one layer, using filters, blur, gaussian blur to create a shadow effect on the whole image. Next the two leaves that are behind the main leaf and use blur to make both leaves blurry, then turn them both into smart objects and select smart filters and use the black colour in to paint palette to make some parts on the leaf seem sharper than other parts. Use some benvel and emboss to create some lights and dark one the edges of all the leafs.


Making an animation using the 3D object.


I used my 3D ball that I had already made in photo shop to create an animation of a ball jumping using an image from goole as my base for animating the ball. I am really happy with how the animation turned out however I wanted to add more to it to improve it but the file wouldn't save so I had to go back to my original idea of just a basic ball bouncing.
Here is the image I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment